- How old is the tree?
- When did you first notice the problem?
- Was the tree physically injured by animal or human activity (e.g., with a shovel)?
- Did any construction occur near the tree and its root system?
- Do the roots look healthy or diseased?
- Where are the problems occurring on the tree (on the trunk, stems, leaves, roots)?
- Did you or a neighbor recently apply a pesticide, herbicide, or fertilizer near the tree?
Your arborist or extension agent will probably ask many more questions.
3. Remember after they have diagnosed the tree to ask for an organic solution!