Prep: 15 min
Cook: 1 hr 15 min
Total: 1 hr 30 min
- 3 lb sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion greens
- 2 tbsp finely grated Parmesan
1. Heat the oven to 400˚F with the rack in center position. Prick the potatoes several times with a fork and wrap each in foil.
2. Roast the potatoes until very tender, about 45 minutes. Carefully remove the foil and halve the potatoes. Scoop the flesh into a bowl. Mash the potatoes with the butter, zest, juices, garlic, allspice, and sea salt to taste.
3. Toss together the bread crumbs, pecans, scallions, and Parmesan in a bowl.
4. Reduce the heat to 375˚F and grease a 1-quart shallow glass pie plate or ceramic baking dish. Spoon the potatoes into the dish and top with the crumb mixture. Bake until the crumbs are golden and the potato mixture is hot, about 30 minutes.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 229.9 cal
Saturated fat 2.4 g
Cholesterol 8.7 mg
Sodium 98.1 mg
Carbohydrates 38.9 g
Total sugars 11.9 g
Dietary fiber 6.5 g
Protein 5 g