1/4 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Confectioners' sugar (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously coat a springform pan with cooking spray and lightly dust with flour.
2. To make the cake: In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and granulated sugar for 1 minute, or until fluffy. Beat in the whole egg and egg white until thoroughly combined. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture, 1 cup at a time, alternating with the yogurt and beating well after each addition. Spread the batter in the springform pan and layer the berries on top.
4. To make the topping: In a medium bowl, combine the margarine or butter, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over the berries.
5. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until the top is light brown and a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out almost clean. Cool completely in the pan, then run a knife around the outside edge and release the ring. Dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired, and serve.
Be sure to rinse the strawberries before hulling them, as hulled berries absorb water like a sponge.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 330 cal
Fat 12.3 g
Saturated fat 2.1 g
Cholesterol 21.5 mg
Sodium 241.7 mg
Carbohydrates 50 g
Total sugars 24.7 g
Dietary fiber 1.6 g
Protein 5.7 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.