1. Preheat the oven to 200˚F. Coat a baking sheet with organic cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, water, Italian seasoning, and salt.
3. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, onion, pepper, and garlic and cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes, or until the pepper starts to soften. Add the spinach and cook for 1 minute, or until the spinach is wilted. Place in a small bowl and cover.
4. Wipe the skillet with a paper towel. Coat with organic cooking spray and place over medium heat. Pour in half of the egg mixture. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the bottom begins to set. Using a spatula, lift the edges to allow the uncooked mixture to flow to the bottom of the pan. Cook for 2 minutes longer, or until set. Sprinkle with half of the reserved vegetable mixture and half of the cheese. Cover and cook for 2 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Using a spatula, fold the egg mixture in half. Place on the prepared baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm.
5. Coat the skillet with cooking spray. Repeat with the remaining egg mixture, vegetable mixture, and cheese to cook another omelet. To serve, cut each omelet in half.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 151.3 cal
Fat 7.2 g
Saturated fat 3.5 g
Cholesterol 117.2 mg
Sodium 428.7 mg
Carbohydrates 9.6 g
Total sugars 5 g
Dietary fiber 2.6 g
Protein 13.9 g
This delicious recipe is courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.