1. Position 1 rack in the upper third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. On a large shallow plate, combine the flour and sage. Mix with a fork. Dip both sides of each pork chop into the mixture to coat. Reserve the flour mixture. Coat a large Dutch oven with nonstick spray. Set over mediumhigh heat. Cook the chops for 2 minutes per side, or until browned. Remove to a plate.
3. Coat the pot with nonstick spray. Add the onion and apples. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes, or until soft. Cover with the pork chops, sauerkraut, carrots, and apple cider or apple juice. Sprinkle with the reserved flour mixture. Stir the toppings to combine.
4. Cover and bake in the lower third of the oven, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour, or until the pork is tender when pierced with a sharp knife.
5. After 20 minutes, coat a large roasting pan with nonstick spray. Place the potatoes in the pan.Drizzle with the oil. Sprinkle with the salt. Toss to combine. Bake on the upper oven rack for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until golden and tender.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 417 cal
Fat 7.7 g
Saturated fat 2.3 g
Cholesterol 62.4 mg
Sodium 995.6 mg
Carbohydrates 58.2 g
Total sugars 29.1 g
Dietary fiber 7.7 g
Protein 28.8 g