3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
2 cups fresh blueberries
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
3 tablespoons sliced almonds
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/3 cup ricotta cheese
1 1/2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat an 8" x 8" baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Prepare the berries: Combine the confectioners' sugar and cornstarch in a mixing bowl. Stir to mix. Add the strawberries, blueberries, and almond extract. Toss to coat the berries thoroughly. Transfer to the baking dish.
3. Prepare the crisp: Combine the oats, almonds, brown sugar, and oil in the same bowl that you used for the berries. Toss to coat thoroughly. Scatter evenly over the berry mixture.
4. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the berries' juices bubble and are no longer opaque. Remove and let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the topping: Combine the ricotta, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla extract in a blender or mini food processor. Blend or process until smooth. Serve the crisp with a dollop of creamed ricotta on top.
NOTE: Any leftover crisp may be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 184.1 cal
Fat 5.8 g
Saturated fat 1 g
Cholesterol 4.3 mg
Sodium 19.2 mg
Carbohydrates 29.2 g
Total sugars 15.8 g
Dietary fiber 3.7 g
Protein 4.7 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.