1. Cut three or four 1/4"-deep slashes in each piece of chicken with a sharp knife.
2. Combine yogurt, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, coriander, paprika, cumin, salt, and red pepper in large bowl. Stir until well combined. Add chicken to bowl and turn to coat well with marinade. Marinate chicken 30 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate, covered, up to 24 hours. (If chicken is refrigerated, remove it about 30 minutes before cooking.)
3. Heat broiler or grill. With tongs, pick up one piece of chicken at a time and let any excess marinade drip back into bowl. Put chicken on broiler pan and brush pieces with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Discard marinade.
4. Broil chicken about 6" from heat source until brown, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven. Turn pieces over and brush with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Broil chicken until done, about 6 minutes longer for breasts and 8 minutes longer for thighs and drumsticks. Alternatively, grill chicken over medium-high heat 10 minutes.
5. Turn, baste with oil, and cook 10 minutes longer for breasts and 12 minutes longer for thighs and drumsticks.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 286.5 cal
Fat 12.7 g
Saturated fat 2.3 g
Cholesterol 123.6 mg
Sodium 729.1 mg
Carbohydrates 3.5 g
Total sugars 1.7 g
Dietary fiber 0.6 g
Protein 37.8 g
Healthy Recipe Courtesy of Rodale Recipe Finder
Photo: John Kernick