4 strips bacon, chopped into small pieces
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 lb Brussels sprouts, bottoms trimmed, cut in half
salt and black pepper to taste
2 tbsp sliced almonds
1. Heat a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat.
2. Add the bacon and cook until crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels.
3. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the rendered bacon fat.
4. Add the garlic, pepper flakes, Brussels sprouts, and a pinch of salt to the skillet.
5. Saute until the sprouts are lightly browned on the outside and tender—but still firm—throughout, 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Add the almonds and saute for another minute or two.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Monosaturated fat (g): 2.4
Total sugars (g): 2.7
Calories from fat (kcal): 46.7
Cholesterol (mg): 8.8
Sugar alcohol (g):
Calories from sat fat (g): 11.6
Sodium (mg): 252.3
Protein (g): 7.6
Total fat (g): 5.2
Saturated fat (g): 1.3
Carbohydrates (g): 11.7
Trans fatty acid (g):
Other carbs (g): 4.2
Calcium (g): 59.6
Stearic acid (g):
Dietary fiber (g): 4.8
This recipe is courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.