- Hand pruners
- Florist wire or twine
- Glue gun
- Art knife
- Natural decorations: moss, twigs, grapevine, pinecones, etc.
1. Choose two baskets of similar size–one for the base and one for the roof–and remove any handles with pruners. Insert and secure wire or twine through the bottom of the “roof” basket (this will serve for hanging).
2. Wire and glue the open sides of the two baskets together. Use the knife to cut an entrance hole.
3 Mount your decorations to the roof with wire or the glue gun.
4. Cut a perch stick long enough to reach through the birdhouse and exit about 1 1/2 inches. Push it in straight 1/2 inch below the opening. Secure with glue if necessary.
5. Hang in a protected location; under eaves or in a shrub or tree.
Learn how to attract more birds to your backyard.