2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, mail in 2 proofs of purchase and cash register receipt from any Lundberg Farms Rice product and a 3 x 5 index card with your first and last name, complete home mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), daytime telephone number (including area code), date of birth and e-mail address to Organic Gardening Healthier with Rice Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 1712, Bellmawr, NJ 08099. Limit one (1) Entry per person. Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE POST MARKED BY June 30, 2011. To enter without purchase, mail a 3 x 5 index card with your first and last name, complete home mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), daytime telephone number (including area code), date of birth and e-mail address to Organic Gardening Healthier with Rice Sweepstakes, Organic Gardening Magazine, 400 S. Tenth St., Emmaus, PA 18049.
3. RANDOM DRAWING; ODDS OF WINNING: Sponsors will randomly select the winner(s) from among all eligible entries received on or around August 15, 2011. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winner(s) will be notified by email and postal mail, using the information provided on his/her Entry, on or about August 31, 2011. Sponsors will then send to potential winner(s) by postal mail, at the address on his/her Entry, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Publicity Release, unless prohibited by law, and any other documentation that Sponsors require (the "Affidavit"). In order to redeem his/her prize, potential winner(s) shall sign, have notarized, and return to Sponsors the Affidavit within fourteen (14) days from the date Sponsors sent the Affidavit. Any guest (his/her parent/legal guardian if a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor) shall sign, have notarized and return to Sponsors a Liability Release, Publicity Release, unless prohibited by law, and any other documentation that Sponsors require within fourteen (14) days after receipt by the potential winner(s). In the event: (a) potential winner(s) cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted based on the information stated in the Entry, (b) of noncompliance with the above or within any of the aforesaid time periods, (c) potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or receive the prize, (d) potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, (e) potential winner's prize notification or Affidavit is returned as undeliverable for whatever reason, or (f) potential winner fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, the potential winner shall be disqualified from the Sweepstakes and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at Sponsors' sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received. Winner selection is under the supervision of Sponsors, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. If entrant's e-mail address, telephone number, or home mailing address changes after he/she enters the Sweepstakes, it is the entrant's sole responsibility to notify Sponsors by postal mailing notice to the address stated below to be received before the end of the Promotion Period.
5. PRIZES: The approximate retail value (the "ARV") of the grand prize is $7,500 and consists of a week (7 days/6 nights) for two (winner and one (1) guest) at Rancho La Puerta Fitness Resort and Spa, including round trip airfare to San Diego airport, complimentary transportation from San Diego airport to Rancho La Puerta Fitness Resort and Spa and back to the airport, all meals and beverages, accommodations in Rancho La Puerta Ranchera casitas, access to over 50 fitness classes, programs and facilities, two (2) hands-on cooking classes and the “Unlimited” Spa package. Actual value of trip depends on dates of travel and winner’s residency and departure city. Canadian residents must be legally able to travel to the U.S. in order to be eligible to win. Trip must be taken July – December 2011, or July – December 2012. Only electronic airline tickets will be issued, if available. Winner’s travel guest must be the age of majority in his or her state of residency or winner must be guest’s-parent or legal guardian. Parent or legal guardian must accompany a traveling minor at all times. Winner and travel companion will be required to travel together to and from the same point of origin. Prior to travel, winner and travel companion may be responsible for obtaining the proper travel documentation (e.g., passports). Winner and travel companion hereby release Sponsors from any duty to provide, check or verify any and all necessary passports, visas and tourist cards, birth certificates, vaccination certificates and any other travel or entry requirements (“Personal Documents”). Sponsors shall not have any responsibility for the replacement of lost or stolen Personal Documents or tickets, coupons, vouchers, receipts or other documents pertaining to the prize (“Travel Documents”) once the Travel Documents have been provided to winner and travel companion. Certain reasonable travel restrictions such as holiday “black-out” dates or periods may apply. Dates of travel are subject to change at Sponsors’ sole discretion. All other expenses not specifically listed herein are solely the winner's responsibility including, but not limited to, sales taxes, gratuities, meals, ground transportation to/from winner's residence to/from airport, and all incidental expenses. Prize subject to any and all applicable terms and conditions. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will be sent an IRS Federal 1099-MISC tax form for the retail value of any prize at or above $600. No transfer, refund, substitution, or replacement of prizes permitted, except that Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). ARV of all prizes is in U.S. dollars. All prizes will be awarded within 1 year of receipt of valid and executed winners’ affidavit or prize confirmation. Any portion of the prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by the winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted.
7. NO TAMPERING; RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY: Sponsors and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) Entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) Entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Sweepstakes or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) if a prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellation, delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsors' reasonable control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this promotion or any promotion or prize related activities. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or with any Web sites promoting the Sweepstakes; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Sweepstakes multiple times through the use of multiple e-mail addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If Sponsors determine, in their sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Sweepstakes promotion, including the entire Sweepstakes promotion, and/or modify the Sweepstakes and/or conduct a random drawing to award the prize(s) using all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Sweepstakes is terminated or modified due to technical difficulties or unforeseen events prior to the expiration date of the Promotion Period, notice will be posted at www.organicgardening.com.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; FORUM SELECTION CLAUSE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death which may occur in connection with preparation for, or participation in, the Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. By accepting the prize, winner agrees that any liability concerning or arising out of the prize rests solely with the manufacturer of the goods or their affiliates. Sponsors and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants or to any other person's computer, regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants and winners acknowledge that Sponsors have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, express warranties provided by the manufacturer of the goods or their affiliates. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. In addition, any dispute relating to the Sweepstakes (including these Official Rules) shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in the County of Lehigh, Pennsylvania. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
9. LIST OF WINNERS; FUTURE SWEEPSTAKES/CONTESTS: To receive a list of the winners after October 24, 2011 by mail, send a self-addressed envelope, with applicable U.S. postage affixed (VT state residents only may omit return postage), to: Lundberg Farms Healthier with Rice Sweepstakes, Organic Gardening, 400 S. Tenth St., Emmaus, PA 18049, Attn: Marketing, or by e-mail send an e-mail to email@example.com, and in the body of the e-mail type: Please e-mail me the winner's list for the "Lundberg Farms Healthier with Rice Sweepstakes."
10. SPONSOR: The Sponsors of the Sweepstakes are Rodale Inc., 33 East Minor Street, Emmaus, PA 18098-0099, and Lundberg Farms, 5370 Church Street, PO Box 369, Richvale, CA
Prize: Trip for winner and one (1) guest to Rancho La Puerta Fitness Resort & Spa (7 days/6 nights)
Retail Value: $7,500 ARV
Number of prizes: One (1)
Odd of Winning: Depend on the total number of eligible entries received