Prep: 10 min
Cook: 40 min
- 1 lemon
- 8 ripe pears, cored and cut into 1/2" chunks
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup pear nectar or apple juice
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole grain pastry flour
- 1/4 cup whole grain pastry flour
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat a 1 1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Grate 1 teaspoon of rind from the lemon into a large bowl. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl. Add the pears, cranberries, pear nectar or apple juice, granulated sugar, and 3 tablespoons of the flour. Toss to mix. Place in the prepared baking dish.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the oats, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and the remaining 1/4 cup flour. Sprinkle over the pear mixture.
4. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the filling is bubbling and the top is browned. Cool on a rack for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 293.2 cal
Fat 3.6 g
Saturated fat 1.8 g
Cholesterol 7.6 mg
Sodium 25.2 mg
Carbohydrates 67.7 g
Total sugars 45.9 g
Dietary fiber 7.9 g
Protein 2.7 g
For more great recipes, check out the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.