- 4 cups seedless watermelon, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 6 ounces mild, creamy feta, cut into ½-inch chunks
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo pepper
1. In a serving bowl, combine watermelon and feta.
2. Sprinkle with chopped fresh mint and chopped red onion.
3. In a cup, with a fork, blend olive oil, sherry vinegar, honey, lemon juice, and Aleppo pepper.
4. Pour blended mixture over salad; season with kosher salt and toss gently with a rubber spatula.
Makes 4 servings
Photography by Felicia Perrett
Originally published in Organic Gardening magazine, August/September 2014