- 1 medium summer squash
- 1 zucchini
- 5 baby golden beets, scrubbed
- 1 medium parsnip, scrubbed
- 1 medium carrot, scrubbed
- 3 large kale leaves, rinsed well and torn into 1-inch pieces
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Place a rack in center of oven and preheat to 250°F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. With a mandoline or very sharp knife, very thinly slice each of the vegetables lengthwise. Arrange vegetable slices in a single layer on baking sheets and brush with olive oil.
3. Bake for 30 minutes, then carefully flip vegetables and return to oven until vegetables are crisp, 30 to 40 minutes longer.
4. Let vegetables cool completely on baking sheets, then transfer to an airtight container. They will last up to 2 weeks stored in a cool, dry place.
Makes 3 adult servings or 6 kid servings
Recipe from Start Fresh, by Tyler Florence.