- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 jar water-packed artichokes (6 oz), drained
- 1 cup cooked whole-wheat orzo or couscous
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spritz a 9" x 13" baking pan with organic cooking spray. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out seeds and flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell and reserving the flesh. Brush zucchini shells with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
2. While zucchini is baking, chop the reserved zucchini and artichokes and place in a medium-size bowl. Add garlic and combine. Heat the remaining oil in a nonstick skillet and cook the zucchini mixture for 3 to 5 minutes, until zucchini is softened. Remove from heat and add cooked orzo, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, and marinara sauce.
3. Fill each zucchini shell with about 1/3 cup filling and top each with 1 tablespoon mozzarella. Return filled zucchini to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes, until filling is heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 272.2 cal
Fat 12.8 g
Saturated Fat 3.6 g
Cholesterol 13.1 mg
Sodium 698.2 mg
Carbohydrates 27.9 g
Total Sugars 6.9 g
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
Protein 13.7 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.