Prep: 25 min
Cook: 33 min
Total: 58 min
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed peas
- 2 carrots, very thinly sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 cups skinless cooked turkey, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. To make the biscuits: In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mixture forms crumbs. Add the buttermilk and sour cream. Mix and gather into a ball. Turn onto a sheet of plastic wrap and flatten into a round. Wrap and refrigerate.
3. To make the stew: Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the cornstarch, thyme, and sage. Whisk in the broth. Add to the onion mixture. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Add the peas, carrots, cauliflower, turkey, and pepper. Place in the prepared baking dish.
5. Cut the biscuit dough into 4 equal parts. Arrange on the turkey mixture.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden and the stew is bubbling.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 435.5 cal
Fat 14.8 g
Saturated fat 6.6 g
Cholesterol 68.7 mg
Sodium 555.4 mg
Carbohydrates 45.2 g
Total sugars 8.9 g
Dietary fiber 7.1 g
Protein 32.7 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.