- 3 tablespoons macadamia or other nut butter
- 8 slices light whole-wheat bread, lightly toasted
- 4 slices (1/4 pound) swiss cheese
- 8 slices (1/2 pound) cooked turkey breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper (optional)
- 1 small apple (4 ounces), thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch watercress sprigs
1. Spread the nut butter over the bread.
2. Arrange the cheese on 4 slices, top with the turkey, and season with the salt and pepper (if using).
3. Top with the apple, watercress or lettuce, and the remaining bread.
4. Cut in half.
This sandwich can be assembled ahead and refrigerated for up to 3 hours.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 407 cal
Fat 19.8 g
Saturated Fat 7.2 g
Cholesterol 50.5 mg
Sodium 1043 mg
Carbohydrates 33 g
Total Sugars 8.4 g
Dietary Fiber 6 g
Protein 25.9 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.