- 1 can (16 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes, with juice
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- Juice of 1 lime, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can (15 ounces) low-sodium black beans, drained
- Pinch of cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 large eggs
- 8 soft corn tortillas
1. Prepare salsa by combining the tomatoes, onion, chipotle pepper, half the lime juice, cilantro, and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until well blended but still slightly chunky. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let the mixture sit while you make the rest of the meal so the flavors have time to meld.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine the black beans with the cumin and the remaining lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Use the back of a fork to lightly mash the beans; add a splash of warm water if the mixture looks too dry.
3. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and warm the pan over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet and cook until the whites have set but the yolks are still runny. Set another skillet over medium heat and toast the tortillas for about 1 minute on each side.
4. Spread the beans on the warmed tortillas and top with the eggs and salsa. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts per serving
Calories 431 cal
Fat 16 g
Carbohydrates 48 g
Sodium 801 mg
Fiber 7 g
Protein 21 g
Recipe courtesy of Women's Health Magazine.