- 2 small baguettes (about 4 ounces each), cut on the diagonal into 16 slices total
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 roasted pepper, patted dry and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
2. Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet in a single layer. Brush the tops with 2 tablespoons of the oil and bake for 7 to 8 minutes, or until crisp. Remove from the oven, let cool 1 minute, then rub the top of each slice with the garlic clove.
3. Meanwhile, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, the tomato, roasted pepper, onion, basil, vinegar, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
4. Spoon the mixture over the toasts and serve.
Nutritional Facts per serving:
Fat: 15.4 g
Saturated fat: 2.3 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 561.3 mg
Carbohydrates: 39.3 g
Total sugars: 4.4 g
Dietary fiber: 2.5 g
Protein: 8.1 g