- 3 medium-size sweet potatoes, peeled, halved, and sliced into 1/4" half-moons
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup pearl barley
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey breast, 12 ounces
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
1. Heat the oven to 425°F. In a roasting pan, combine the sweet potatoes and 1 tablespoon of the oil and bake until fork-tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook the barley in plenty of boiling water until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain well.
3. In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, rosemary, honey, mustard, salt, and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Stir well. Add the sweet potatoes, barley, turkey, onions, and cranberries. Mix gently.
Courtesy of Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.