- 12 ounces sweet potato, peeled and shredded
- 12 ounces russet potato, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium onion, grated, excess liquid squeezed out
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped apple
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, squeezed dry
1. Preheat the oven to 200°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the sweet potato, russet potato, onion, egg, flour, salt, and pepper. Form the mixture into 24 patties, approximately 2 tablespoons each and about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 12 pancakes and cook, turning once, for 7 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and repeat.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, apple, and horseradish; mix well. Serve with the pancakes.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 117.7 cal
Fat 6.1 g
Saturated fat 1.2 g
Cholesterol 21.3 mg
Sodium 165.8 mg
Carbohydrates 14 g
Total sugars 2.7 g
Dietary fiber 1.8 g
Protein 2.2 g
This recipe is courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.