Total: 2hr 57min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons stemmed and chopped fresh dill + 4 fronds for garnish
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- ground black pepper
1. In a medium pot over low heat, combine the oil, onion, and water. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 12 minutes, or until soft. Add the garlic and cook 5 minutes longer.
2. Increase the heat to medium. Add thetomatoes, dill, and broth. Simmer for 25 minutes, or until the tomatoes are very soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Serve garnished with dill fronds.
Nutritional Facts per serving Calories 94.5 cal
Fat 4.3 g
Saturated Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 3.8 mg
Sodium 151.7 mg
Carbohydrates 10.5 g
Total Sugars 6.4 g
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
Protein 4.9 g