2. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a large baking sheet with organic cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, butter, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix with your fingers to form crumbs. Add 2/3 cup of the buttermilk, stirring with a fork until the dough comes together.
4. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Gently pat or roll to a 3/4" thickness. Using a 3" round cutter or large glass, cut into 6 biscuits. (You may have to pat the dough scraps together to cut out all the biscuits.)
5. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with the remaining 1 tablespoon buttermilk. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the granulated sugar.
6. Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove from the sheet and place on the rack to cool completely.
7. In a large bowl, mix the strawberries, orange juice, and the remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar. Let stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. In a medium bowl, whisk together the drained yogurt and orange peel.
9. Split the biscuits crosswise in half. On dessert plates, layer the biscuits with berries in the center and on the top. Top with the yogurt.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 368.5 cal
Fat 9.8 g
Saturated fat 5.7 g
Cholesterol 25.6 mg
Sodium 328.1 mg
Carbohydrates 63.1 g
Total sugars 36.5
Dietary fiber 5.3 g
Protein 9.9 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder