- 1 lb russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" chunks
- 1 lb cauliflower florets
- 1/2 C low-fat buttermilk
- 1 lb trimmed flank steak
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb mini sweet peppers (12-18 total)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
1. Cover potatoes and cauliflower with 2" of cold water in large saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Drain and return to pan. Mash with buttermilk and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Cover and keep warm.
3. Heat broiler while vegetables cook.
4. Rub top of steak with garlic and sprinkle with 1/8 tsp each salt and black pepper.
5. Place on 1 side of foil-lined sheet pan. Arrange sweet peppers on other side of pan. Lightly coat all with olive oil spray.
6. Broil 6" from heat, turning, until peppers are golden brown on both sides, 6 to 8 minutes, and steak is cooked to medium-rare, about 10 minutes.
7. Let steak rest 10 minutes before slicing. Spoon mashed potatoes onto plates and serve with steak and peppers. Drizzle peppers with vinegar, if desired.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 320.7 cal
Fat 6.9 g
Saturated Fat 2.6 g
Cholesterol 38.7 mg
Sodium 238 mg
Carbohydrates 35.2 g
Total Sugars 7.7 g
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
Protein 30.5 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.