- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 5 radishes, trimmed and sliced
- 4 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 pound thin-sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon hot sauce
- 4 mini French baguettes, split
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
1. In a bowl, toss carrot and radishes with 2 tablespoons of the vinegar. Let stand, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes to pickle.
2. In a zip-top bag, combine chicken, oil, garlic, and remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, massaging to coat. Let stand 15 minutes. In a separate bowl, mix mayo and hot sauce.
3. Heat broiler. Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and put on baking sheet. Broil 6 inches from heat, turning, until golden and cooked through, 8 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
4. Sandwich chicken, spicy mayo, pickled veggies, and herbs in baguettes.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 377.5 cal
Fat 10.7 g
Saturated Fat 2.2 g
Cholesterol 77.6 mg
Sodium 941.9 mg
Carbohydrates 37.6 g
Total Sugars 4.7 g
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
Protein 31.1 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.
Image: Hector Sanchez