Prep: 10 min
Cook: 25 min
Total: 35 min
- 4 salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) petite diced tomatoes with basil and oregano
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 3 cups green beans, steamed
- 6 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
1. Preheat the oven to 250°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Place the salmon on the baking sheet and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes, or until just cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 6 minutes, stirring, until softened. Stir in the tomatoes, honey, vinegar, ginger, and paprika. Bring to a simmer and cook for 8 minutes, or until reduced to a jamlike consistency. Stir in the mint.
4. Toss the green beans, almonds, and the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large bowl. Divide the salmon, jam, green beans, and rice among 4 large plates.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 532 cal
Fat 24.3 g
Saturated fat 3.3 g
Cholesterol 78 mg
Sodium 463.5 mg
Carbohydrates 43.2 g
Total sugars 14 g
Dietary fiber 7 g
Protein 34.7 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder