This creamy dressing would also be delicious on poached chicken breasts or salmon. Make sure to zest the lemon before juicing it.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled soft mild goat cheese
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh green onions
Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound large shrimp (18-24 count)
- 8 ounces fresh arugula
Lemon slices to garnish (optional)
To make dressing:
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until well
combined. Set aside.
To make salad:
1. Fill a large bowl halfway with cold water and add several ice cubes; set aside.
2. Fill a large stockpot three-quarters full of salted water and bring to a boil.
3. Add the shrimp and boil for 3 minutes, or until bright pink.
4. Drain and immediately plunge shrimp into the ice water for a few minutes, to stop the cooking process.
5. Drain and cut shrimp into 1/2-inch pieces.
6. Add shrimp to dressing and stir to coat.
7. Line a large, shallow salad bowl or serving plate with arugula and top with shrimp.
8. Garnish with lemon slices if desired.