- 7 oz Italian poultry sausage
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 firm-ripe pears lengthwise, core, and slice lengthwise (1/8" thick)
- 3/4 cup coarsely grated Gruyere
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Fit store-bought piecrust into 9" square or round tart pan and, following package directions, bake until lightly golden.
2. Remove 7 oz Italian poultry sausage from casing and cook with 1 small chopped onion in medium skillet over medium-high heat, stirring, until cooked through, about 6 minutes.
3. Spread in prepared crust. Halve 3 firm-ripe pears lengthwise, core, and slice lengthwise (1/8" thick). Arrange on top of sausage. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup coarsely grated Gruyere.
4. Bake until pears are tender, about 25 minutes.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 246.7 cal
Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 4.9 g
Cholesterol 28.9 mg
Sodium 334.7 mg
Carbohydrates 26.5 g
Total Sugars 9.2 g
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
Protein 8.6 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.