- 1 pound russet (baking) potatoes, cut into 3 1/2" x 1/2" sticks
- 1/4 cup organic cooking oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with organic cooking spray.
2. Combine the potatoes and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large bowl, tossing to coat well.
3. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, turning the potatoes halfway through the cooking time, until golden brown and crisp. Remove from the oven and transfer to a large bowl.
5. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
6. Add the garlic and cook until browned, about 4 minutes.
7. Pour the oil and garlic over the potatoes.
8. Add the salt, pepper, and parsley and toss well. Serve hot.
Make It A Flat Belly Diet Meal: Serve with 3 ounces baked cod (89) and 1 cup steamed broccoli (44). Total meal: 395 calories
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 217.5 cal
Fat 14.1 g
Saturated Fat 1.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 151.9 mg
Carbohydrates 21.4 g
Total Sugars 0.7 g
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
Protein 2.6 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.