- 3/4 pound precut butternut squash cubes
- (3/4") or 1/2 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- (2 c) 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 3/4" pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 small red onion, chopped, about 1/4 cup
- 4 cup loosely packed baby spinach
- 1 small Gala or Golden Delicious apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced radicchio
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower seed kernels
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat rimmed baking sheet with olive oil spray.
2. Toss squash and bell pepper with 2 teaspoons of the oil, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of the black pepper in medium bowl. Arrange in single layer on prepared baking sheet. Roast 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until tender and lightly browned. Let cool 10 minutes.
3. Whisk lemon juice, honey, and remaining 4 teaspoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper in large salad bowl while squash roasts. Stir in onion. Add spinach, apple, radicchio, sunflower seeds, and squash mixture and toss to combine.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 244.3 cal
Fat 15.3 g
Saturated fat 1.9 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 337.3 m
Carbohydrates 26.2 g
Total sugars 10.7 g
Dietary fiber 7.1 g
Protein 5.1 g
Courtesy of Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.