3 acorn squash (3 3/4 lb total), halved, seeded, and each cut lengthwise into 12 wedges
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp dijon mustard
2 bunches watercress, tough stems discarded
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (with juice)
1. Heat oven to 400° F. Line 2 baking sheets with foil and lightly coat with oil.
2. Arrange squash cut side down in single layer on prepared pans.
3. Roast in upper and lower thirds of oven, turning once and switching pans halfway, until tender, about 20 minutes. Let cool on pans.
4. Whisk maple syrup, vinegar, oil, and mustard until well combined (makes 1/2 cup).
5. Divide squash among 8 plates and top with watercress. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds (and any juice) and drizzle with vinaigrette. Season to taste with pepper.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 105.9 cal
Fat 2.1 g
Saturated Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 41.3 mg
Carbohydrates 22.7 g
Total Sugars 8 g
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
Protein 1.8 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.