- 1 tbsp organic vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup clam juice
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 2 small (2") pieces lemongrass (from bottom of stalk), smashed
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 3/4 lb haddock or cod fillet, cut into 2" chunks
- Freshly grated zest of 1 lime
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp red-pepper flakes
1. Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and saute 1 to 2 minutes, being careful not to burn it.
2. Add mushrooms and saute 2 minutes. Add bell pepper and saute 2 to 3 minutes more, or until softened.
3. Pour broth, water, and clam juice into pot. Add scallions, fish, lime zest, and lime juice.
4. Simmer 5 minutes more. Stir in cilantro, ginger, soy sauce, and red-pepper flakes. Remove and discard lemongrass before serving.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 103.7 cal
Fat 3.2 g
Saturated fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg
Sodium 214.5 mg
Carbohydrates 4.7 g
Total sugars 1.9 g
Dietary fiber 1 g
Protein 13 g
Healthy Recipe Courtesy of Rodale Recipe Finder
Photo: Ellie Miller