- 4 baking potatoes (about 2 pounds), cut lengthwise
- 4 carrots and 2 small zucchini, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn kernels (cooked fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano or basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1⁄2-inch chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine vegetables. In another bowl, mix seasonings and oil. Pour half over vegetables and toss to coat.
3. Divide and spread vegetables evenly between 2 large rimmed baking sheets.
4. Add bread crumbs to remaining seasoning mix and stir to combine. Toss chicken in this mixture to coat. Arrange chicken pieces evenly across top of vegetables.
5. Roast for about 25 minutes, switching sheets between racks halfway through, until chicken is no longer pink inside and vegetables are golden and tender. Combine in a serving dish.
Makes 4 servings
Tip: Pre-prep ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for no more than 1 day, keeping meat separate.
Learn how to build a root cellar in your basement.