- 1 1/2 cups whole-grain pastry flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup packed brown sugar or 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) trans-free margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9" x 5" loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flours, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin, brown sugar, margarine, and vanilla until
light and fluffy. Stir in the zucchini. Stir into the flour mixture just until blended. Fold in the pecans.
4. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in
the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 227.6 cal
Fat 9.5 g
Saturated fat 2.6 g
Cholesterol 39.7 mg
Sodium 294.3 mg
Carbohydrates 31.9 g
Total sugars 14.5 g
Dietary fiber 2.3 g
Protein 4.3 g
Courtesy of Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.