- 1 1/4 cups roasted or boiled potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3/4 cup cooked greens, such as mustard or kale, chopped
- 2 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large sweet onions, thickly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
8 large eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Heat oil in a cast iron skillet with ovenproof handle over medium heat. Add onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook, turning with tongs, 10 minutes, or until well browned. Stir in vinegar and cook 1 minute longer. Stir in potatoes, greens, bacon, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
2. Pour eggs over vegetables and stir to blend. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to set, 3 minutes. Place skillet in oven and cook until set, 15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. To serve, loosen around edges with rubber spatula and turn out onto platter.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 185 cal
Fat 11 g
Saturated fat 2.8 g
Cholesterol 284.3 mg
Sodium 476.8 mg
Carbohydrates 11.3 g
Total sugars 6.9 g
Dietary fiber 2 g
Protein 10.9 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.