Prep: 5 min
Cook: 55 min
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 6 (1 1/4 thick) boneless pork loin chops
- 1/2 lg red onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz) light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp green curry paste
- 11 kiwifruits, peeled and chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 can (15.5 oz) cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 can (8 oz) pineapple chunks, drained and chopped
- 6 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp sliced shallots
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
1. Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with 1/4 tsp salt and season with pepper. cook chops until bottoms are browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and repeat on opposite sides. Transfer to plate.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook onion, stirring, until soft, 6 minutes. Add coconut milk, curry paste, and 1 1/3 cups of the kiwi. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until fruit is very soft, 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Working in batches, carefully puree in blender.
3. Simmer coconut mixture in a pot. Add pork and any juices. Cover and simmer, turning halfway through, until pork is cooked through, 12 minutes.
4. Mix remaining ingredients and remaining kiwi in bowl. Serve with pork and sauce.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 500.8 cal
Fat 20.3 g
Saturated fat 7.2 g
Cholesterol 83.1 mg
Sodium 307.5 mg
Carbohydrates 44.9 g
Total sugars 22.1 g
Dietary fiber 8.8 g
Protein 36.6 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.