Total: 2hr 42min
- 1 1/2 cups 100% unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup red or green organic grapes
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Seltzer or soda water
1. Put cranberry juice, pomegranate juice concentrate, grapes, and maple syrup in a medium-size saucepan. Cover and bring to a gentle boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, muddling the grapes with a wooden spoon to break them up. Remove from heat and let mixture sit for 15 minutes.
2. Pour the mixture through a strainer lined with a double layer of cheesecloth and squeeze to extract as much liquid as possible.
3. Chill in a sealed glass jar in the fridge. Syrup will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
4. To serve, pour 1/4 cup syrup into a tall glass, top with 6 to 8 ounces chilled seltzer or soda water, and stir.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 117.2 cal
Fat 0.1 g
Saturated fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2.4 mg
Carbohydrates 31.4 g
Total sugars 28.9 g
Dietary fiber 0.2 g
Protein 0.3 g
Healthy Recipe Courtesy of Rodale Recipe Finder
Photo: Romulo Yanes