1. Scald milk with butter and sugar.
2. Beat eggs slightly. Add salt.
3. Stir in warm milk and vanilla gradually.
4. Add nutmeg and raisins and pour over bread cubes placed in greased casserole.
5. Set baking dish in warm water up to level of pudding.
6. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 228.7 cal
Fat 10.5 g
Saturated fat 5.7 g
Cholesterol 93.7 mg
Sodium 203 mg
Carbohydrates 29 g
Total sugars 20.9 g
Dietary fiber 0.8 g
Protein 6.1 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Recipe Finder