Cook: 1hr 0min
Total: 1hr 25min
- 12 ounces penne
- 2 pounds leeks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 yellow summer squash, halved and cut into 1/4" slices
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 salmon fillet (1/2 pound), skinned
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prepare the pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, cut the leeks into 2" lengths and quarter them lengthwise. Rinse the leeks completely. Place the leeks and bell pepper in a 13".9" baking dish. Add the broth, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of the oil, thyme, and black pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
3. Add the squash, olives, and salmon to the baking dish and drizzle with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Cover and bake for 30 minutes, or until the salmon is opaque and the vegetables are tender.
4. Place the penne in a large serving bowl. Break the salmon into bite-size pieces and add to the penne with the vegetables.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 426.6 cal
Fat 10.2 g
Saturated Fat 1.8 g
Cholesterol 22.3 mg
Sodium 226.9 mg
Carbohydrates 67.1 g
Total Sugars 9.6 g
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
Protein 18.3 g
This recipe is brought to you courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.