Total: 1hr 55min
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain pastry flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
5 tablespoons ice water
- 3 tablespoons shredded bran cereal
- 1 tablespoon whole grain pastry flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 3/4 pounds fresh peaches, peeled and pitted
1 cup fresh raspberries
1. To make the crust: In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Cut in
the shortening and cream cheese until the mixture resembles coarse
crumbs. In a cup, stir the lemon juice together with 2 tablespoons of
the water. Drizzle over the crumb mixture and mix until moistened. Mix
in the remaining water 1 tablespoon at a time, until the texture
resembles cottage cheese and it can be pressed into a firm ball.
2. Press the dough into a 6" disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate
at least 30 minutes before using.
3. Place a wide sheet of foil onto a large baking sheet and coat with cooking
spray. Fold the edges of the foil up 1/2" to form a rim. Roll the dough out
between sheets of lightly floured waxed paper to a 13" circle. Place onto the
prepared baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until using.
4. To make the topping: Preheat the oven to 400°F.
5. In a food processor or blender, combine the cereal, flour, cinnamon, and
4 tablespoons of the sugar. Process until the cereal is finely ground. Sprinkle
the cereal mixture over the pastry, leaving a 2" border. Arrange the peaches
over the cereal mixture. Fold the pastry border over the fruit. Sprinkle the
remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar over the fruit and the pastry edge.
6. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and juices
are bubbly. Cool in the pan on a rack. Sprinkle on the raspberries.
To substitute frozen peaches, use 1 1/2 pounds dry-packed
sliced peaches, thawing in a single layer on paper towels to absorb
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 179 cal
Fat 6.3 g
Saturated fat 2.5 g
Cholesterol 3.2 mg
Sodium 75.3 mg
Carbohydrates 28.7 g
Total sugars 14.5 g
Dietary fiber 3.6 g
Protein 3.5 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.