Prep: 8 min
Cook: 13 min
Total: 21 min
- 8 strips turkey bacon or pork bacon, halved
- 4 slices light whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 mushrooms (4 ounces), thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/3 pound Muenster cheese, sliced
- 1 cup alfalfa or other sprouts (optional)
1. Place a broiler rack farthest from the heat source and preheat the broiler (or a toaster oven).
2. Arrange the bacon in a large skillet and cook over low heat until crisp, turning occasionally, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
3. Spread the bread with the mayonnaise and place on a baking sheet. Top with the mushrooms and season with the salt and pepper. Arrange the tomato over the mushrooms. Cover with slices of cheese and top with the bacon.
4. Broil until the cheese melts. Top with the sprouts (if using).
Substitute sliced turkey, chicken, ham, or tuna or salmon salad for the bacon.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 359.4 cal
Fat 22.9 g
Saturated fat 10 g
Cholesterol 66 mg
Sodium 1108.4 mg
Carbohydrates 16.3 g
Total sugars 3.1 g
Dietary fiber 2.8 g
Protein 21.8 g
For more great recipes, check out the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.