- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 shallots, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups paella rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 2 pinches of saffron
- 1 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 1 cup dry fino sherry
- 1 pound cockles and mussels
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the shallots and red pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add the rice, stirring constantly.
2. Heat the broth and passata in a pot.
3. Add the saffron and paprika to the rice and stir.
4. Add the sherry to the rice and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add half the tomato stock to the rice and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time.
6. Meanwhile, add the shellfish to the remainder of the tomato stock and steam until cooked.
7. When the rice is cooked, add the cooked shellfish and parsley. Check the seasoning and serve in a large bowl family style with lots of crusty bread and salad.
Lke this recipe? Try these too: