- 10 purchased gingersnap cookies (about 5 ounces)
- 1/3 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1 pint caramel ice cream, softened (salted daramel or dulce de leche work well)
- 3/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon liqueur, such as Amaretto or Frangelico (optional)
1. In a food processor or blender, grind the cookies and nuts until fairly fine. Divide among six small ramekins so you have at least a ¼-inch layer of crumbs.
2. In a large bowl, stir the ice cream so it is smooth. In another bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and liqueur, if using. Swirl the pumpkin spice mixture through the ice cream. Divide among the ramekins (you may not need the entire amount). Sprinkle leftover crumbs over the top of each tart. Freeze for at least 1 hour, or until the filling is frozen.