- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Ground black pepper
1. Place a steamer basket in a large pot with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Place the asparagus in the basket, cover, and steam about 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain and transfer to a plate. Let stand until cooled.
2. Drizzle the asparagus with the vinaigrette, then sprinkle with the bell pepper and scallions. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator 1 hour.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 69.9 cal
Fat 3.2 g
Saturated fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 117.5 mg
Carbohydrates 8 g
Total sugars 4.4 g
Dietary fiber 3 g
Protein 2.7 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.