- 1 cup frozen diced mango
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt, divided
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 (0.35 ounce) packets powdered stevia or
- 4 packets Splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Process the mango in a food processor until finely chopped pulsing and scraping down the sides of the bowl.
2. Add the half-and-half, yogurt, orange juice stevia or Splenda, and vanilla extract and process until smooth.
3. Freeze in an ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
If you don't have an ice cream maker:
Pour the mixture into a 9" x 9" metal pan, cover, and freeze for about 3 hours, or until just frozen.
Scrape into a food processor and process until smooth and fluffy.
Return to the pan and freeze for 1 to 2 hours, or until firm.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 226.3 cal
Fat 3.8 g
Saturated fat 2.3 g
Cholesterol 13.4 mg
Sodium 260.6 mg
Carbohydrates 38.8 g
Total sugars 27 g
Dietary fiber 1.6 g
Protein 10.2 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder