Cook Time: 23 mins
Total Time: 31 mins
- 2 salmon filets (6 ounces each), rinsed and dried
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh parsley
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 10 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 20 asparagus spears, with bottoms cut off
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard (use the lowest sodium one you can find)
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
1. Place the salmon in a deep skillet big enough for the salmon to lay flat on the bottom. Cover with 1" of water.
2. Add the parsley, lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
3. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the fish is opaque.
4. Lightly scrape off the skin and fat line.
5. Evenly divide the spinach, tomato, and blueberries between two plates. Top each with half of the salmon.
6. In a nonstick skillet, combine the oil, onion, and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, or until lightly browned.
7. Add the asparagus, bell pepper, and pinch of black pepper.
8. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the veggies are slightly tender.
9. Add the honey mustard. Cook for 30 seconds longer, or until the honey mustard slightly caramelizes.
10. Lay the veggies over the top of the salmon. Sprinkle with the almonds.
Nutritional facts per serving
Calories 262.5 cal
Fat 12 g
Saturated fat 6.3 g
Cholesterol 17 mg
Sodium 96.1 mg
Carbohydrates 34.1 g
Total sugars 25.6 g
Dietary fiber 1.4 g
Protein 3.8 g
This recipe is courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.