- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 4 medium small zucchini (1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- sea or kosher salt and ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
1. Place sauce in a large glass dish or bowl. Slice each chicken breast half lengthwise into long 1-inch-wide strips. Add chicken to the marinade and toss to coat. Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 20 minutes or overnight, if desired.
2. Trim off ends of zucchini. With a swivel-head vegetable peeler or a large knife, slice zucchini lengthwise as thinly as possible. Toss with lemon juice and sesame oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange on a platter. Set aside.
3. Lightly coat a clean grill with cooking spray (try Spectrum Naturals' High Heat Canola version), and heat to medium-high. Thread chicken onto wooden skewers. Cook, with lid down, 3 minutes per side, until chicken is seared and just cooked through. Transfer to platter with zucchini, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve immediately.
Special equipment: 18 (10- to 12-inch long) wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 100 cal
Fat 2.1 g
Saturated Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 34.2 mg
Sodium 526.6 mg
Carbohydrates 5 g
Total Sugars 3 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Protein 15.5 g
Recipe courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.