1 bone-in turkey breast half (2 1/2 pounds)
1/3 cup honey
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
Who can resist a turkey sandwich carved right off the breastbone? In a small bowl, stir together 3 tablespoons whole-berry cranberry sauce and 2 teaspoons low-fat mayonnaise. Stuff a split pita with thinly sliced turkey breast. Spread the cranberry mayonnaise over the turkey. Add shredded lettuce and 2 tablespoons grated apple, if desired.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a roasting pan with nonstick spray. Trim all visible fat and excess skin from the turkey breast. Leave just enough skin to cover the top of the breast.
2. Place the turkey, skin side up, in the prepared baking dish. Pour the honey over the turkey. Lift the skin and spread with a spatula to evenly coat the breast. Sprinkle with the cinnamon, rubbing it under the skin.
3. Pour 2/3 cup broth into the baking dish.
4. Roast for 40 minutes. Remove the skin and discard. Add up to 1/3 cup more broth, if needed, to prevent the glaze in the pan from burning. Roast for 20 minutes longer, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 170°F.
5. Remove the turkey and let stand for 10 minutes. Pour the pan juices into a serving dish. Skim off and discard any fat. Slice the turkey and serve with the pan juices.
The leftover turkey makes terrific sandwiches, so buy a bigger breast, if you like, and increase the pan ingredients accordingly. Add 20 minutes oven time for each additional pound of turkey breast.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 224.6 cal
Fat 1 g
Saturated Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 92.6 mg
Sodium 149 mg
Carbohydrates 15.8 g
Total Sugars 15.5 g
Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
Protein 37 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.