½ pound (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup wildflower honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups old-fashioned uncooked oats
- 1½ cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chip
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
2. In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat together the butter, sugar, honey, eggs, vanilla, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt until creamy.
3. Add the flours and stir until blended. This can be done by hand.
4. Add the oats, shredded coconut, raisins, and chocolate chips and blend.
5. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Place the cookie sheet on an oven rack in the top slot of the oven. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Photography by Mitch Mandel
Originally published in Organic Gardening magazine, August/September 2014