Prep: 10 min
Cook: 15 min
Total: 25 min
- 1/2 lb baby zucchini, halved
- 1/2 lb eggplant, cut into 1/3"-thick rounds
- 1/2 lb red onions, cut into 1/4"-thick slices
- 1/2 lb cellentani or rotini
- 1/2 C basil pesto
- 3 tbsp sliced, dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes
3 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
1. Prepare lightly oiled grill for medium heat (or use grill pan). Coat zucchini, eggplant, and onions on both sides with olive oil spray, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill vegetables (in batches if necessary), turning, until golden brown and tender, about 6 minutes.
2. Transfer to cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces.
3. Cook pasta per package directions.
4. Drain and immediately toss in serving bowl with pesto, tomatoes, and grilled vegetables. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
Nutritional Facts per serving:
Fat: 13.2 G
Saturated fat: 2.9 G
Cholesterol: 6.7 Mg
Sodium: 167.9 Mg
Carbohydrates: 37.8 G
Total sugars: 4.7 G
Dietary fiber: 4.4 G
Courtesy of Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.