- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers, coarsely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 10 ounces sliced seeded whole-grain bread, toasted and cubed
- 1 pound tomatoes, cut into bite-size wedges
- 3 1/4 cups leftover grilled vegetables (such as peppers, zucchini, eggplant, and red onion), coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh basil, torn
- 2 tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
1. In large serving bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, capers, and garlic.
2. Add the remaining ingredients except the cheese. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste and toss gently to coat. Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature so flavors develop.
3. Top with the cheese and serve.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 262.3 cal
Fat 12.3 g
Saturated Fat 2.1 g
Cholesterol 1.5 mg
Sodium 383.7 mg
Carbohydrates 30 g
Total Sugars 8.2 g
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
Protein 9 g